Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Plus and Minuses of Blogging

When I first heard that I was going to be blogging, I was a little nervous because I didn't know how to blog or let alone what it was. I admit that I was a little intimidated by this class because I am not very computer literate. This class was a very big challenge for me. I think blogs can be very useful and helpful to anyone not just in teaching. Blogging is a good way to communicate and share information with others. It is also a good way to get opinions about a work or specific subject of interest. Blogs can be use in a lot of ways. In my case it will be very helpful to me as a first time teacher. Not only could I use blogs to communicate with other teachers, I can also use blogs to teach my students.

Minuses of Blogs

I really can't think of many negative things to say about blogs.
The only things that come to mind is that anyone can make a blog and post it and sometimes what people post is not always good. Blogs can be confusing at times. For me it was a little difficult because it was my first time experincing blogging and I didn't know where to start. Using blogs in the classroom may not always be a good thing because some students may not have access to a computer at home and can not do the required assignments. Students may start to get lazy and lose focus on their work and just want to play with the computers instead of using other materials like their books. Some students may not be computer literate and feel like they can't learn that way.

No comments: